Baltimore, Md. – The Bethany College women's lacrosse team faced Goucher in a non-conference tilt on Sunday afternoon at Beldon Field in Baltimore, Maryland. The Bison fell 19-3.
The Gophers jumped out to a 4-0 lead before the Bison could get on the score board. A free position shot from Lindsey Cornish found the back of the net to put the green and white on the board. The Bison wouldn't score again in the half and trailed the Gophers 16-1 at halftime. Bethany battled to score twice in the second half, both goals coming from Rikiah Wise. The Bison would fall 19-3.
- Rikiah Wise (2 G, 2 GB, 2 CT)
- Lindsey Cornish (1 G, 1 CT)
- Trinity Dixon (17 saves, 5 GB, 2 CT)
- Cassidy Mailloux (2 GB, 2 CT)
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bethany won 7 draw controls while Goucher won 16
- The Bison took seven shots compared to the Gopher's 42
- The green and white scooped up 15 ground balls and had nine fouls
- Bethany was 6-12 on clear attempts and took four free position shots, scoring once in the free position
Bethany – 1-5
Goucher – 7-3
Bethany returns to action on Saturday, March 30 against Earlham. Face-off is set for 2 pm.