Greensburg, Pa. – The Bethany College baseball team cruised to a 11-5 victory over University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg Bobcats Friday afternoon.
Bethany 11, UPG 5
Logan Bennett singled to right field to drive in Luke Beatty to give the Bison an early 1-0 lead in the second inning. In the fourth, the Bison scored five to take a 6-0 lead. The Bobcats touched home plate in the bottom of the fourth to cut the lead to five. Colton Stoneman drove in Stefan Blackstone and Luke Beatty in the fifth inning to extend the Bison lead to 8-1. In the bottom half of the inning, the Bobcats scored three to cut the Bison lead in half. Bethany added three insurance runs in the eighth inning to maintain the large lead over the Bobcats.
In The Box Score
- Colton Stoneman and Cory Newman had three RBIs apiece. Newman scored two runs.
- Kevin Pollock went 2-for-5 with a triple and two RBIs.
- Luke Beatty went 3-for-4 with three runs scored and one RBI.
- Stefan Blackstone went 2-for-4 with two runs scored.
- Zach Pressnell earned the win for the Bison, pitching 7.0 innings with five hits, four runs and nine strikeouts.
Bethany College Bison – 5-5, 0-0
Pitt-Greensburg – 0-8, 0-0
The Bison will host Pitt-Greensburg in a doubleheader on Sunday, March 20 beginning at 1 pm.